An abundance of US wine tasting takes place in the state of California. The “Golden State’s” southern region boasts the famous Temecula, California wine country, while northern California offers the popular Sonoma and Napa Valley Wine Country.
Beyond California, many fantastic US wine tasting can be found in regions around the country, from the Pacific Northwest (in places like Oregon and Washington) to the northern East Coast in locations such as New York, Massachusetts and the Niagara region.
- Temecula, California, USA: When one thinks of California wineries, the exclusive and hip Napa Valley is the first area that comes to mind. While the Napa region produces some amazing wines, California harbors a secret place farther to the south known as Temecula. Here, you can take a self guided tour through Temecula’s small boutique wineries and discover vintages that you will be unlikely to see on your supermarket’s shelves.
- Bellingham, Washington, USA is one of the great US wine tasting regions of the US. Located just near the Canadian border, it is a fun experience and is known for its bars and local wines can be found in every of them. In fall, especially you can tour the local vineyards and watch the winemaking process.
- Walla Walla, Washington, USA is one of the world’s hottest wine regions. Scattered throughout the countryside are vineyards and tasting rooms. It’s like a wine tasting haven as a tourist can be kept busy for days there. Walla Walla is one of the worlds most inviting and laid-back towns.
- Portland, Oregon, USA. One of the world’s premium Pinot Noir grows here. There are numerous great bars and restaurants here that have stellar wines of both local and imported varieties.
- Los Olivo, California, USA located just north of Santa Barbara. In addition to be stunningly beautiful it is one of the best Pinot Noir producing areas in the US. The historic downtown is home to over a dozen wine tasting rooms in a small area.
- Tampa, Florida, USA has events, like the Florida wine Festival, and restaurants which make it one of the best US wine tasting wine destinations on the east coast. A very famous restaurant there claims to over 150 selection of wines from its absurdly huge list.
- New York, New York, USA. If money is no object, then the experience of drinking wine in New York is hard to beat. East Village and Midtown Manhattan are the center for tasting wine. If you are expecting an ordinary wine tasting experience in New York then you surely are in for a big surprise. In a particular wine bar the wine list is displayed on a touch screen bar top, and the wines are dispensed automatically throughout the room.
- Yountville, California, USA, tucked into the vastness that is Northern California`s famous wine country, has many excellent dining opportunities to enjoy their world class wines. Wine pairing is what this area is all about.
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado, USA, while known for world class skiing, Steamboat is a summer haven, to enjoy fresh mountain air, wine and music.
- Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA home to the Moravian wine makers. Rieslings and chambourcin are local favorites. This areas unique mix of history, music and party provides lots of good times for wine aficandos in search of new regional finds.