Wine bottles are not like the usual bottles which you open. One needs to open them with a lot of care, so that one doesn’t break its seal in a crooked manner. Also, one has to take care that the wine doesn’t spill on the floor while opening.
Types of wine openers
All wine bottles are different. Some need a corkscrew to open it and others can be opened without it. There are various types of bottle openers on the market. A wine bar contains mainly all kinds as there are different kinds of bottles to be opened. However, a waiters corkscrew is one which is found in every wine bar and restaurant. In fact, sometimes a person is called a wine expert only if he knows how to open a wine bottle properly.
How to open wine
Here are few steps to open a wine bottle properly.
1. Remove the seal which can be a foil one or lead one. For that place a foil cutter on to the rim of the bottle and then press it against the foil.
2. Now turn the cutter all round towards the top and remove the foil. Now keep the bottle on a flat surface basically at chest level.
3. Hold the corkscrew vertically (it should be straight) and now put the sharp end onto the middle of the cork. Hold the top of the bottle with one hand and also lower the end of corkscrew. Now with another hand start twisting the corkscrew in clockwise direction (until it can go no further into the cork). This will press the corkscrew into the cork. Apply constant pressure. As the corkscrew goes into the cork its arm starts rising. Keep doing it until its arms have completely raised and the screw has penetrated into the cork.
4. Now press the arms down with one hand on each arm of corkscrew.
5. Then the cork will lift out of the bottle. Lift the corkscrew straight up while wrapping your hands around the base of corkscrew.
6. And now twirl the cork from the corkscrew.
Before using that bottle of wine, properly cleans its rim with a clean cloth and make sure that if any stray pieces are left from the cork they are immediately removed. Also, remove any extra foil left on the bottle.
While opening a wine bottle the most important thing is patience. Never get frustrated while opening a wine bottle instead enjoy the wine.